Friday 14 December 2012

Lingerie market in Istanbul

I am feeling a bit shy writing about this...one of my first few entries on my travel blog and its about lingerie.

Chalo..anyways let me drop these thoughts...and move on with my writing. i

Lingerie is sold in markets around the world but in many of my travels I am yet to come across an exlusive lingerie market with a whole lane dedicated to it. Yes...we do have the paranthewali gali and dariba as exclusive lanes for paranthas and jewellery....and its the same around the world.

The bazaars of Istanbul are world famous...the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Bazaar and even the lanes leading to it. Roaming around in Istanbul while walking up from Sirkeci towards the Grandbazaar I came across this street or should I say streets selling lingerie and underwear exclusively.

I hadnt seen such a street ever...I had seen a cluster of shops may be 10-20 shops together in our very own Karol Bagh or even Stockholm but never seen it elsewhere (Havent been to Thailand,Paris or Amsterdam...other places where I could find something similars...I guess)

Istanbul is the only Islamic country of Europe and to find such a street there was surprising for me. But I guess I also need to see that it is also one of the pubbing hotspots of the world.

Didnt get inside any of the shops apart from one but even from the windows it seemed it would beat some of the best I have seen on television or some of the other markets.

One of the shops intriqued me...with some funny underwear with cartoons. A very interesting  shop.

I guess there would be a good market for these funny underwear in India as well. Imported or Made in India.


No comments:

Post a Comment